November 9. 2009

The social worker from the hospital called me today. She said Jared has another UTI and has been taking antibiotics for the last 4 or 5 days. Jared's surgery may be delayed. They are going to run some more blood tests, if the infection is cleared up the surgery will be on November 13th if the test shows he still has the infection then they will reschedule.
The nurse also told me that Jared's tube feedings were discontinued today. Jared eats enough to sustain his own life now! They will still use the PEG tube to give him water and medicine until he can drink thin liquids.
It's hard to imagine that only a few months ago doctors were telling me he might not survive and if he did that he probably wouldn't wake up from his coma.
It's so amazing to watch God's work...

5 comments:

  1. Amazing progress! Keep your chin up, I hope you are able to see him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your entire amazing story. Praying now for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brittany(britt&&pat)November 19, 2009 at 9:00 PM

    someone sent me this link and i just read every single post. i am soo happy for you and your husband! this was a very scary rocky journey! and you made it through wonderfully! i know it's not over yet, but it is getting better!! i'll pray for you and your family!! :) good job jared!!!!

    brittany

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! such a great experience. what an amazing journey you have ongoing. hang in there and he'll be home with you!

    I got the link to your blog from bbc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your link on BBC. I will be praying for your family! I hope Jared is able to come home so your family can be together again.

    You have many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete